Bitcoin-Central.net is a currency exchange that allows trading between bitcoins (BTC) and a number of currencies, each of which has its own trading market.
Bitcoins funds are added to the account after a manual confirmation process.
Liberty Reserve USD funds are added at no additional charge from the exchange (normal 1% transaction fees from LR will still occur)
Liberty Reserve EUR funds are added at no additional charge from the exchange (normal 1% transaction fees from LR will still occur)
EUR bank transfers (SEPA) are accepted for deposits at no charge by the exchange.
Pecunix Gold (GAU) may deposited. Fee applies.
Bitcoins funds can be withdrawn at no charge.
Liberty Reserve USD funds can be withdrawn (normal 1% transaction fees from LR will still occur)
Liberty Reserve EUR funds can be withrawn (normal 1% transaction fees from LR will still occur)
EUR bank transfers (SEPA) are sent and incur a wire fee.
Pecunix Gold (GAU) may withdrawn. Fee applies.
- The site was launched on December 29, 2010.
- On January 3rd, 2011 it was announced that the source for Bitcoin Central will be released as a public open source project on February 1st, 2011.
- On January 28, 2011 it was announced that transferring of funds from one account to another had become available.
- On March 30, 2011 service, which had been disrupted in the days prior, had been restored.
- On April 4, 2011 service was again reported as being disrupted, where deposits of bitcoins were not registering and also where funding transactions were not being allocated to accounts.
- On May 5, 2011 the operator described plans for improving service..
- Additional currency markets for CAD (Canadian dollar) and INR (Indian rupee) were opened on August 30, 2011<http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=40239.0 Bitcoin-Central : now accepting Canadian Dollar (CAD) and Indian Rupee (INR) !]</ref>.
- On April 5, 2012 Paytunia e-wallet announced. Exchange accounts can be accessed using Paytunia's web and mobile clients.