Bitcoin Address Utility
Bitcoin Address Utility is an open-source program for Windows that allows a user to do various useful functions with Bitcoin addresses, such as convert them between various formats, encrypt and decrypt them, and print them as paper wallets. This program was started by Casascius and is available on GitHub at https://github.com/casascius/Bitcoin-Address-Utility. It is written in C# and is based on Microsoft's .NET / Visual Studio toolchain.
Address utility screen
The Address Utility screen offers the following functions:
- Create new Bitcoin addresses with corresponding minikey and standard private key formats
- Convert minikeys to standard private key formats
- Convert between hexadecimal and WIF private key formats
- Decrypt/encrypt private keys per BIP 0038
- Calculate public key from private key
- Calculate compressed/uncompressed equivalents for public keys
- Calculate Hash160 from public key
- Calculate Bitcoin address
- Convert between equivalent addresses for Testnet/Namecoin/Litecoin/other altcoins.