Until further notice, ripper234 is the maintainer of this page.
Please visit the related forum thread on bitcointalk to see discussion. Do not make significant changes to this page without reaching a consensus of admins.
This article describes the governance of this wiki.
There is a set of six users with admin rights:
- User:Ripper234 - Added on March 2013
MagicalTux is the only beaurocrat, and nobody else is capable of appointing new admins.
This page will contain nominations for new admins, and hopefully some of them will be added in the future.
I (ripper234) consider the rules below as official policy at this point. Other admins will be encouraged (by not forced) to enforce them, and users will be encouraged to report violations of these rules - please use the above bitcointalk thread for this purpose.
They do not replace standard wiki etiquette, but are rather in place to be used where the etiquette fails. Other users / admins may disagree to these rules - please take up the disagreement to the bitcointalk thread.
- Discussions that are not utter rubbish (spam/gibrish) should never be deleted or reverted. Example of rule violation.
- Edits should respect NPOV. Do not merely revert edits if you disagree with some perspective; instead, try to rephrase the language in a way that does not change the original perspective, while being more agreeable to your own.
- Avoid revert wars, they are unproductive. Seek cooperative solutions and compromises which satisfy everyone. Perfection is not a goal here.
- In case of dispute, citations should be brought in to support a POV.
- Citations should be "convincing". Quoting a few opinions and prefixing an opinion with "some claim that" is not cause to violate NPOV.
- No edit wars are allowed.
The rules above will be enforced starting from 14 April 2014 - past "transgressions" are of course not punishable.
Admins will not be trigger-happy, and any punishment for breaking the rules can (to some degree) be appealed (recommended medium is posting to bitcointalk).
However, rules without a bite are meaningless, and so appropriate measures will be used to enforce this set of rules.
The measures include warnings, locking articles, temporary bans, and ultimately might include permanent bans.