A bitcoin currency exchange/trading platform site.
Camp BX is a platform where you can buy and sell Bitcoins for US Dollars in real-time using advanced order-matching algorithms. Any buy or sell order that you place is matched against a database of other orders. If a perfect match is found, a Bitcoin-to-USD trade is executed instantly. If there are no matching orders at the price you specified, then your order can remain open for up to 31 days. To maintain fairness in trading, Camp BX have taken a purely-platform approach and they are never a counter-party to any trade.
This platform was designed from the ground up with stability and security as top priorities, and became the first Bitcoin website to obtain Payment Card Industry (PCI) certification and the McAfee Secure seal of confidence on June 28th, 2011.
Camp BX is also the first Bitcoin platform to bring advanced features like Margin Trading and Short-selling, and have several more exciting and innovative features in pipeline.
There are no fees required to open a Camp BX account, so everyone can sign-up and try out the site.
Headquarter and Offices
This platform is operated by BulBul Investments LLC which is a corporate entity registered with the State of Georgia, and is headquartered in Atlanta at 2002 Summit Blvd #300, Atlanta, GA 30319.
Funds deposited with the exchange for escrow towards placing a buy order include the following.
- Adding bitcoins to the account balance incurs no fees.
- Dwolla (instant). There is a $1,000 per-day transfer limit regardless of deposit or withdrawal.
- Though there were no EUR deposit methods available at the time the exchange launched, their FAQ does state "Please stay tuned for an announcement in August!".
- Camp BX does not have any fees for Bitcoin withdrawals. The default withdrawal limit is 500 Bitcoins per-day; this limit can be increased by submitting a ticket to the help-desk.
- Dwolla Incurs Dwolla's $0.25 per-transaction fee. There is a $1,000 per-day transfer limit regardless of deposit or withdrawal.
- Though there were no EUR transfer methods available at the time the exchange launched, their FAQ does state "Please stay tuned for an announcement in August!".
Camp BX provides Quick Trades for casual Bitcoin users, where you enter the quantity and the desired price for buying or selling Bitcoins, and execute the trade. All prices entered are "Limit" prices, where the platform will find a matching trade at given price or better.
Camp BX is among the first Bitcoin exchanges to offer both market orders as well as limit orders. Market orders get filled regardless of the price. Additional Advanced Trading options include Fill-or-Kill and All-or-Nothing fills. Fill-or-Kill means that if the order cannot immediately be matched, it will be cancelled automatically. All-or-Nothing means that the order will match only when the entire quantity in the order can be traded. One option is to set a custom expiry date for each order, which allows setting up advanced trading strategies. The trading algorithms implement trading functionality described in the following SEC Investor Bulletin as closely as possible: http://www.sec.gov/investor/alerts/trading101basics.pdf
Additionally, though currently disabled, the exchange's trading site refers to margin trading (buying on margin and shorting) -- something that no other exchange has offered yet.
Trades on the exchange incur a commission (fee) of 0.55%.
First mention on the site was on July 5th, 2011.