Genesis Mining is a company that sells bitcoin mining contracts and is currently one of the largest cloud mining companies in the world. The company is active in the Bitcoin community and is frequently seen at events across the world including in Paris, New Zealand, Los Angeles, New York City, Hong Kong.
The company was formed after the three founding partners realized there was a need for a legitimate cloud mining provider in an industry full of fraudulent companies. From there they set out to offer cloud mining services to active users and new mainstream users. Genesis Mining launched in February of 2014.
Their services allow customers to purchase mining contracts, which allow them to mine Bitcoin and altcoin through a cloud-based computer network. Their mining farms are based in Iceland, Canada, and Bosnia.
Genesis Mining offers scrypt and sha256 mining. Coins that can be mined (directly or indirectly by auto-conversion) include inter-alia:
- "Genesis Mining – Examining The Largest Scrypt Cloudmining Provider". CryptoCoinsNews. https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/genesis-mining-explaining-largest-scrypt-cloudmining-provider/. Retrieved 19 May 2015.
- "The magic of mining". The Economist. http://www.economist.com/news/business/21638124-minting-digital-currency-has-become-big-ruthlessly-competitive-business-magic. Retrieved 19 May 2015.
- "How the ”Impossible” Became the Future: A Talk with Genesis Mining’s Marco Streng". CoinTelegraph. http://cointelegraph.com/news/111394/how_the_impossible_became_the_future_a_talk_with_genesis_mining_s_marco_streng. Retrieved 19 May 2015.
- "History of Genesis Mining". Cloud Mining directory. http://cloudminingdirectory.com/genesis-mining/review/. Retrieved 19 May 2015.
- "Spondoolies-Tech and Genesis Team Up for Cloud Mining Service". CoinDesk. http://www.coindesk.com/spondoolies-tech-genesis-team-new-cloud-mining-service/. Retrieved 19 May 2015.
- "Genesis-Mining : Start Mining For As Low As 14 Cents Per Kilohash – Bitcoin 2014 Interview". Digital Money Times. http://digitalmoneytimes.com/crypto-news/2014518genesis-mining-start-mining-for-as-low-as-14-cents-per-kilohash-bitcoin-2014-interview/. Retrieved 19 May 2015.
- "Genesis Mining: A Cloud Scrypt Mining Provider". Bitcoinist. http://bitcoinist.net/genesis-mining-a-cloud-scrypt-mining-provider/. Retrieved 19 May 2015.