gribble is a modified Supybot IRC bot, carrying some useful bitcoin-related commands and factoids. The bot's command sequence is ';;', to issue any command just start a line with two semicolons. You can also issue inline commands with two commas.
It is present on #bitcoin-dev (bitcoin information queries), #bitcoin-market (real time streaming quotes from bitcoinmarket.com and mtgox.com), #bitcoin-otc (facilitate over-the-counter trading, with the OTC order book and OTC web of trust). You can also PM commands to gribble and it will PM back.
To get help on any command, try 'help <command>', to get a list of bitcoin-related commands, run 'apropos bc', and to get a list of factoids, run command 'facts', and click on the link supplied.
List of commands
- bc,bcm - show the market snapshot from bitcoinmarket.com
- bc,blocks - show the current number of blocks in the bitcoin block chain
- bc,btcex - show the market snapshot from btcex.com
- bc,calc - given a hash rate in Khps, calculate the expected average time to generate a block. For example, to see the average time for 1000 Khps, run 'bc,calc 1000'.
- bc,diff - show the current generation difficulty
- bc,estimate - show the estimate of the next difficulty
- bc,help - show the list of all 'bc,*' commands. same as 'apropos bc'.
- bc,hextarget - show the current difficulty target in hex.
- bc,mtgox - show the market snapshot for mtgox.com
- bc,markets - show market snapshot for various markets. (thanks tcatm and http://bitcoincharts.com for the data feed)
- bc,nexttarget - show the block at which the next difficulty change will take place
- bc,poolstats - show the statistics about the slush mining pool.
- bc,stats - show some statistics about the block chain - number of blocks, difficulty, estimated next difficulty target, time to next difficulty
- bc,timetonext - show estimated time to reach the next difficulty target
- bc,totalbc - show total number of bitcoins in existence.
- bc,wiki - fetch a link to a page in this wiki, based on a search string. For example, to see a link to this page, try 'bc,wiki gribble'.
Big kudos goes out to theymos for providing a web interface to real time statistics about the bitcoin block chain.
The above list is specifically for bitcoin-related commands. There are a lot more than this, and you can find more helpful info on the gribble project page, or by exploring the bot with 'list' and 'help' commands. The 'list' command will display the list of plugins.
Here's a web view of existing factoids for the #bitcoin-dev channel
<me> ;;bc,blocks <gribble> 96009 <me> Check out the current difficulty! ,,bc,diff <gribble> 8078.19525793 <me> Here is a list of all gribble bitcoin commands: ,,(apropos bc) <gribble> Alias bc,bcm, Alias bc,blocks, Alias bc,btcex, Alias bc,calc, Alias bc,diff, Alias bc,estimate, Alias bc,mtgox, Alias bc,nexttarget, Alias bc,stats, Alias bc,timetonext, and Alias bc,totalbc <me> ;;list <gribble> Admin, Alias, Anonymous, [...] <me> ;;list Alias <gribble> ?, about, add, bc,bcm [...], sfwikisearch, sl, slap, smack, [...] <me> ;;sl bitcoin <gribble> http://www.bitcoin.org/ | Bitcoin is a peer-to-peer digital currency. Peer-to-peer (P2P) means [...]