gribble is a modified Supybot IRC bot, carrying some useful bitcoin-related commands and factoids. The bot's command sequence is ';;', to issue any command just start a line with two semicolons. You can also issue inline commands with two commas.
It is present on #bitcoin-dev (bitcoin information queries), #bitcoin-market (real time streaming quotes from bitcoinmarket.com and mtgox.com), #bitcoin-otc (facilitate over-the-counter trading, with the OTC order book and OTC web of trust). You can also PM commands to gribble and it will PM back.
To get help on any command, try 'help <command>', to get a list of bitcoin-related commands, run 'apropos bc', and to get a list of factoids, run command 'facts', and click on the link supplied.
List of commands
- bc,blocks - show the current number of blocks in the bitcoin block chain
- bc,calc - given a hash rate in Khps, calculate the expected average time to generate a block, at current difficulty. For example, to see the average time for 1000 Khps, run 'bc,calc 1000'.
- bc,calcd - given a hash rate in Khps, and a difficulty level, calculate the expected average time to generate a block at that difficulty. For example, to see the average time for 1000 Khps at difficulty 1, run 'bc,calc 1000 1'.
- bc,diff - show the current generation difficulty
- bc,diffchange - show estimated percent change in difficulty
- bc,estimate - show the estimate of the next difficulty
- bc,gen - given the hash rate in Khps, calculate expected BTC generation per day and per hour, at current difficulty.
- bc,gend - given the hash rate in Khps, and a difficulty level, calculate expected BTC generation per day and per hour at that difficulty.
- bc,hextarget - show the current difficulty target in hex.
- bc,nethash - current 3-day estimate of network hash power, in Ghps.
- bc,nexttarget - show the block at which the next difficulty change will take place
- bc,interval - show the average time between blocks, over the past 1000 blocks. If given optional integer argument, use that many blocks for the estimate.
- bc,prob - show the probability of getting at least one block at given Khps, in a given time period. E.g., to see probability of getting a block at 1000 Khps, in 2 years and 1 week, try 'bc,prob 1000 2y 1w'. Time takes input in years, weeks, days, hours, minutes, and seconds.
- bc,probd - show the probability of getting at least one block at given Khps, given difficulty, in a given time period. Same as bc,prob but supply a difficulty after the hash rate. E.g., 'bc,probd 10000000 600000 1w 2d'
- bc,spotestimate - current 3-day estimate of network power, in terms of difficulty.
- bc,stats - show some statistics about the block chain - number of blocks, difficulty, estimated next difficulty target, time to next difficulty
- bc,timetonext - show estimated time to reach the next difficulty target
- bc,totalbc - show total number of bitcoins in existence.
Big kudos goes out to theymos for providing a web interface to real time statistics about the bitcoin block chain.
Markets and exchange rates
- bc,bcm - show the market snapshot from bitcoinmarket.com
- bc,mtgox - show the market snapshot for mtgox.com
- bc,avgprc - show average 24h, 7d, and 30d trading prices of BTC in various currencies.
- bc,24hprc - show average 24h price of BTC in USD.
- bc,convert - convert bitcoin price, based on MtGox last, to currency you specify. e.g., try 'bc,convert eur' for euros.
- bc,fx - show various currency exchange rates
- bc,xau - show price of gold in BTC
- ticker - show pretty-printed mtgox ticker. Takes optional argument of '--bid', '--ask', '--last', '--high', or '--low', to show just that numeric value (useful for command nesting in calculations)
- bids - given a numeric argument, shows how many total btc are being demanded on MtGox at or over the given price. If optional '--under' argument given, looks under the price.
- asks - given a numeric argument, shows how many total btc are being offered on MtGox at or below given price. If optional '--over' argument given, looks over the price.
Mining pool statistics
- bc,slushpool - show the mining hash rate of the slush mining pool, in Khps.
- bc,eligius - show the mining hash rate of the Eligius mining pool, in Khps
- bc,swepool - show the mining hash rate of the Swepool mining pool, in Khps
- bc,btcguild - show the mining hash rate of the Btcguild mining pool, in Khps
- bc,deepbit - show the mining hash rate of the Deepbit mining pool, in Khps
- bc,help - show list of 'bc,' commands - same as 'apropos bc'.
- bc,wiki - fetch a link to a page in this wiki, based on a search string. For example, to see a link to this page, try 'bc,wiki gribble'.
- See OTC guide about using the order book
- See OTC GPG guide about using the gpg authentication system
- See Web of Trust guide about using the rating system/web of trust
The above list is specifically for bitcoin-related commands. See this page for list and help of most commonly used non-bitcoin-related gribble commands. You can find more helpful info on the gribble project page, or by exploring the bot with 'list' and 'help' commands.
<me> ;;bc,blocks <gribble> 96009
<me> Check out the current difficulty! ,,bc,diff <gribble> 8078.19525793
<me> Here is a list of all gribble bitcoin commands: ,,(apropos bc) <gribble> Alias bc,bcm, Alias bc,blocks, Alias bc,btcex, Alias bc,calc, Alias bc,diff, Alias bc,estimate, Alias bc,mtgox, Alias bc,nexttarget, Alias bc,stats, Alias bc,timetonext, and Alias bc,totalbc
<me> ;;list <gribble> Admin, Alias, Anonymous, [...]
<me> ;;list Alias <gribble> ?, about, add, bc,bcm [...], sfwikisearch, sl, slap, smack, [...]
<me> ;;sl bitcoin <gribble> http://www.bitcoin.org/ | Bitcoin is a peer-to-peer digital currency. Peer-to-peer (P2P) means [...]
<me> Some commands have more than one argument. Surround with parens. <me> e.g., Is your wallet safe? ,,(bc,wiki secure wallet) <gribble> https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Securing_your_wallet | Apr 6, 2011 ... However a few [...]
<me> ;;calc 25 USD in EUR <gribble> 25 US dollars = 17.2248 euros