Mycelium makes a number of products including the Bitcoincard, Entropy, Gateway/ATMs, Bitcoin Wallet, Local Trader, and Tabtrader.
The Mycelium Bitcoin Wallet is available for Android and for iOS. The source is available for review on GitHub. It has been awarded the prestigious "Best Mobile App" award by Blockchain.info in 2014. It is available in 12 languages.
Bitcoin Wallet Features
- 100% control over your private keys, they never leave your device unless you export them
- No block chain download, install and run in seconds
- Ultra fast connection to the Bitcoin network through our super nodes located in different datacenters
- Watch-only addresses & private key import for secure cold-storage integration
- Encrypted PDF backup and restore
- Send and receive by specifying an amount in Fiat and switch between fiat and BTC while entering the amount
- Address book for commonly used addresses
- Transaction history with full transaction details
- Import private keys using SIPA and mini private key format (Casascius private keys) from QR-codes or clipboard
- Export private keys as QR-codes, on clipboard, or as encrypted PDFs
- Secure your wallet with a PIN
- Compatible with other bitcoin services through bitcoin: uri handling
- Compatible with Orbot (socks setting) so you may connect via Tor even without rooting
- Support for Bip38 Keys
- View your balance in 164 fiat currencies
- Integrated QR-code scanner
- Find other people to trade Bitcoins with the integrated Local Trader
See the project repository for more details in GitHub.
In case the phone is lost and no replacement readily available, the wallet can be recovered using these instructions.
Mycelium Entropy is a small USB device that uses hardware based entropy to generate directly printable Bitcoin paper wallets, without the need for a PC. The project was successfully funded on Indiegogo.
The Mycelium project was announced 13. September 2013. The project was formerly called BitcoinSpinner. Since 7. October 2014 the wallet supports the hierarchical deterministic (HD) system. On 18. December 2014 the iOS version was announced.
- Mycelium Website
- Mycelium Bitcoin Wallet thread on bitcointalk.org
- Download the wallet from website
- Download from Google Play