Bitcoin Core Open Source Release Process
Releases to the Bitcoin Core client and project are built and released using this process:
- Labeled in github
- Binaries are created for the platforms affected (usually all, Windows, Mac and Linux).
- Binary file checksum(s) is(are) calculated and a message with those are signed by a core developer.
- sha256 checksum
- Files used to build are checksummed and submitted to the Gitian.sigs project on github.
- Uploaded to distribution (Bitcoin.org/bin, and Launchpad.net for the Ubuntu PPA)
- Blog post on Bitcoin.org
- Forum post (sticky) on BitcoinTalk.org
Verifying The Download
See the verification instructions on the Bitcoin Core download page.
Or try the script in the Bitcoin Core repository.
- Bitcoin Core Release Process on Github
- Bitcoin Core project source on Github
- Gitain.sigs Trusted build process signatures on Github
- Bitcoin.org website with releases