Segregated Witness (aka "SegWit") defines a new structure called a "witness" that is committed to blocks separately from the transaction merkle tree. This structure contains data required to check transaction validity but not required to determine transaction effects. In particular, scripts and signatures are moved into this new structure.
- BIP 141 Segregated Witness (Consensus layer)
- BIP 143 Transaction Signature Verification for Version 0 Witness Program
- BIP 144 Segregated Witness (Peer Services)
- BIP 145 getblocktemplate Updates for Segregated Witness
- BIP 147 Dealing with dummy stack element malleability
- BIP 173 Base32 address format for native v0-16 witness outputs
- Segregated Witness Benefits