List of Bitcoin-related software. See also Category:Software.
Be sure to keep on top of the latest security vulnerabilities!
- 1 Bitcoin clients
- 2 Bitcoin software
- 2.1 Live operating systems
- 2.2 Exchange Platform Software
- 2.3 Shopping Cart Integration in eCommerce-Systems
- 2.4 Enterprise server
- 2.5 Web apps
- 2.6 White label software
- 2.7 Browser extensions
- 2.8 PC apps
- 2.9 Mobile apps
- 2.10 Mining apps
- 2.11 Mining Pool Servers (backend)
- 2.12 Libraries
- 2.13 Development utilities
- 2.14 Lists of software
- 2.15 Developer resources
- 2.16 Other
- 3 Webservices / APIs
- Main article and feature comparison: Clients
- Bitcoin Core - C++/Qt based tabbed UI. Linux/MacOSX/Windows. Full-featured thick client that downloads the entire block chain, using code from the original Bitcoin client.
- bitcoind - GUI-less version of the original Bitcoin client, providing a JSON-RPC interface
- MultiBit - lightweight thin client for Windows, MacOS and Linux with support for opening multiple wallets simultaneously
- Electrum - a "blazing fast, open-source, multi-OS Bitcoin client/wallet with a very active community" - also a thin client.
- Bither - open source wallet for Android, iPhone and Desktop with cold storage support.
- Bitcoin Webskin - PHP web interface to bitcoind
- Bitcoin Explorer - Bitcoin command line tools for Linux, OSX and Windows, part of Libbitcoin SDK.
- Bitcoiner - Java RPC client (Android)
- Armory - Enterprise grade Python-based client
- Spesmilo - Python/PySide RPC client (abandoned)
- Gocoin - WebUI client written in Go language, with a cold deterministic brain-wallet.
- btcd An alternative full node bitcoin implementation written in Go (golang).
- BlockCypher Full node bitcoin client built for scale and data centers, exposed through web APIs.
- Mycelium Awarded the prestigious "Best Mobile App" award by Blockchain.info in 2014, the Mycelium wallet for Android provides several security features.
Frontends to eWallet
- xCoinMoney Advanced API to create invoices for subscription.
- Cancoin - HSM multi-sig wallet using libbitcoin. Client side encryption.
- Freecoin - C++ client, supports alternative currencies like Beertoken
- BitDroid - Java client
- Bitdollar - C++/Qt client, unstable beta version
Live operating systems
A live operating system can start on almost any computer from a DVD, USB stick, or SD card, without installation.
- BitKey - Live OS Bitcoin Swiss Army Knife, supports cold storage and air-gapped transactions
- Tails Privacy oriented Live OS, bundled with Tor and Electrum.
Exchange Platform Software
- Alphapoint - Bitcoin Exchange Software. Full system to run a digital currency exchange. Customize and launch your own digital currency and Bitcoin exchange in less than 20 days with AlphaPoint. Also supports automatic market-making on your exchange using 3rd party exchanges such as Bitfinex, BTCChina, and others. Supports many exchanges and smart routing, with automated account management.
- Merkeleon - Bitcoin Exchange Software. A fully online software solution to launch a secure and reliable platform for crypto- and main world fiat currencies sale and purchase. Supports any currency integration, provides wide monetization opportunity for the owner.
- ExKnox - Open Source Exchange Software Development Team. Custom solutions built upon the world's most trusted matching engine.
- Sellbitbuy - Local bitcoin clone script. Complete solution for launching an exchange platform like remitano, bitsquare and paxful.
- Cryptoexchangescript.com-Cryptocurrency/bitcoin exchange script software.A complete solution to start your own bitcoin trading or exchange platform instantly.The website provides demo with 100% source code, go to market options and easy setup.
Shopping Cart Integration in eCommerce-Systems
- Apirone.com - Magento 2, WooCommerce, OpenCart 3.x & 2.3, ocStore and VirtueMart plugins, PHP, Rest API. Accept Bitcoins directly to specified wallet. SegWit support.
- GoCoin - Plugin for WooCommerce support and coming soon Magento
- Zen Cart Bitcoin Payment Module - a payment module that interacts with bitcoind for the Zen Cart eCommerce shopping chart.
- Coinbase Shopping Cart Plugins - Supports Wordpress, WooCommerce, Magento, Zencart, WP e-commerce, and more.
- Karsha Shopping Cart Interface - is a mobile payment-interface which enables its users to accept payments.
- Bitcoin-Cash - an easy to use payment module for xt:Commerce
- BitPay - bitcoin plugins for Magento, Opencart, Zencart, PHP, JSON API
- WalletBit - Plugins for PrestaShop, OpenCart, PHP, JSON API
- xCoinMoney Advanced API for instant payment and subscriptions
- OpenCart Bitcoin - An OpenCart payment module that communicates with a bitcoin client using JSON RPC.
- My Coin Solution - Bitcoin consulting services and solutions; custom payment integrations
- OsCommerce Bitcoin Payment Module - a payment module that uses a python monitoring script to interact with bitcoind for OsCommerce
- Drupal Ubercart Bitcoin payment method enables you to accept Bitcoin as payment for your Drupal/Ubercart enabled website product/services.
- Apicoin First bitcoin PaaS (Platform as a Service)
- Bits of Proof - a modular enterprise-ready implementation of the Bitcoin protocol.
- BlockCypher Full node bitcoin client built for scale and data center environments.
- Cryptopay — hosted wallet, exchange and bitcoin debit card provider
- Abe — block chain viewer
- Bitcoin Central — currency exchange
- Bitcoin Poker Room — poker site
- bitcoin_simple_php_tools — simple php tools for webmasters
- Blockonomics - Easy to use bitcoin financial tracker
- Blockpath - Wallet tracker with a graphical block explorer, QuickBooks integration, and blockchain discussion platform
- Blocktrail - Web wallet with high level security. Syncs seamlessly with your iphone and android Blocktrail wallet.
- Coinbase — an international digital wallet that allows you to securely buy, use, and accept bitcoin currency
- Coinnext — Cryptocurrency Exchange
- CoinSummary — multi-coin wallet manager with built-in valuation in Bitcoin and major world currencies.
- Paxful Accept Bitcoin and Sell bitcoin on Peer to peer market.
- Pocket Dice — First realistic bitcoin dice game.
- Simplecoin — PHP web frontend for a pool
- Coinbase Exchange - Bitcoin exchange with complete API for traders.
- Cancoin - HSM Multi-sig wallet and p2p exchange* *coming soon
White label software
- Alphapoint - Bitcoin Exchange Software. Full system to run a digital currency exchange. Customize and launch your own digital currency and Bitcoin exchange in less than 20 days with AlphaPoint. Also supports automatic market-making on your exchange using 3rd party exchanges such as Bitstamp and others. Supports many exchanges and smart routing, with automated account management.
- draglet - Bitcoin Exchange Software / white label solution
- Casino Evolution gaming software developed by www.SoftSwiss.com
- InfraEx Development - Open Source Exchange Software Development Team. Custom solutions built upon the world's most trusted matching engine.
- Bitcoin Extension - check balance and send bitcoins (Chrome)
- Bitcoin Prices (extension) - monitoring price (Firefox)
- Bitcoin Ticker - monitoring price (Chrome)
- Biticker - Bitcoin ticker, currency converter and history price graph (Chrome)
- Bitcoin Microformats Show bitcoin address metadata embedded in a page (Chrome)
- Bitcoin Address Lookup Right click an address to view its value. (Chrome)
- Qt Bitcoin Trader - Open Source Multi exchange trading client for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux
- MyBTC-Trader.com - a MtGox Bitcoin trading client for windows with GUI
- Mining Explorer - monitoring tool for bitcoin mining
- Bitcoin SMS Alert - sends SMS text alerts to a user's phone based on BTC price / percent thresholds.
- BTConvert - currency conversion
- Sierra Chart MtGox Bridge - real-time charting
- BitTicker - monitoring price (Mac OS X)
- ToyTrader - a command line trading tool for MtGox
- goxsh - a command-line frontend to the Mt. Gox Bitcoin Exchange (Python)
- MyBitcoins gadget - monitoring pool earnings / price (Windows gadget)
- Bitcoin QR Popup - streamlined interface to bitcoin for POS systems (Windows)
- Bitcoin Rate - Desktop widget with BTC exchange rate (KDE)
- Bitcoin Monitor - Desktop widget to monitor status of your Bitcoin miners on mining pools (KDE)
- Cortex7 - Multi exchange charting and trading application for Windows, Mac and Linux.
- Bitcoin Explorer - A command line client and tools for Windows, Mac and Linux. Single file binary download. Part of Libbitcoin SDK.
- Bitcoin Server - A full node for Windows, Mac and Linux. Single file binary download. Part of Libbitcoin SDK.
iPhone / iPad
- Airbitz Bitcoin Wallet - Full featured iPhone bitcoin wallet & directory map (finds businesses that accept bitcoin near you). Airbitz wallet also automatically implements encryption, backup, and multidevice synchronization.
- Blockchain - Fully featured iphone bitcoin app.
- Blocktrail - A powerful iphone bitcoin wallet, keeps you in control of your bitcoin. Highly secure. Syncs with the web wallet and android app seamlessly.
- Bitcoin Ticker (iPhone) - monitoring price w/push notifications
- BitCoins Mobile - First iPad native app! Live market data, news feeds, mining pool statistics, full screen exchange price charts, bitcoin network statistical charts. (iPad only, iPhone/iPod Touch coming soon!)
- BitcoinTrader - Spend/receive BTC via QR codes, trade, deposit/withdraw, etc. Supports Mt. Gox, TradeHill, ExchB, CampBX, and InstaWallet.
- Bit-pay - Mobile Checkout, set prices in any currency and receive mobile-to-mobile payment
- Coinbase iPhone App
- Easywallet.org - Web based wallet, works with QR Code scanner on iPhone/iPad/iPod touch
- BTC Miner (iPhone) - monitor mining results from various mining pools on iPhone/iPad/iPod touch
- BitStore - Simple and secure native iOS wallet
- BitTick - Real-time Bitcoin ticker. Real-time currency convert(support 50+ currency. USD, GBP, EUR, CNY, JPY, CAD, RUB, AUD, BRL, NZD, PLN, KRW…)
- Twizbits Bitcoin price ticker - Real-time Bitcoin price ticker for Coinbase Exchange (support USD, GBP, EUR, CAD)
- Cold Storage Coins iPhone app. Pairs with Cold Storage Coins hard wallets, works with QR Code scanner on iPhone/iPad/ etc.
- Direct link to Android Market bitcoin apps. https://play.google.com/store/search?q=bitcoin
- Bither - open source Android wallet with support for offline cold storage.
- Mycelium - Leading SPV Android wallet with many advanced features.
- Airbitz Bitcoin Wallet - Full featured Android bitcoin wallet & directory map (finds businesses that accept bitcoin near you). Airbitz wallet also automatically implements encryption, backup, and multidevice synchronization.
- Bitcoin Alert - monitoring price (Android)
- Bitcoin Checker - Monitors the prices of cryptocurrencies on over 70 exchanges
- Bitcoin Wallet Balance - view your balance in real time on your android phone
- Bitcoin Wallet - Functional Android bitcoin wallet application.
- BitPay - https://market.android.com/details?id=com.bitcoin.bitpay (Is not related to the bit-pay.com online payment processor.)
- Bitcoin Ticker Widget - displays and monitors the current BTC and LTC exchange rates.
- Bridgewalker - euro-denominated wallet for the Bitcoin economy
- Blockchain - Lightweight Android Bitcoin Client - Also works with blockchain.info web interface and iphone app.
- Blocktrail - A powerful android bitcoin wallet, keeps you in control of your bitcoin. Highly secure. Syncs with the web wallet and iphone app seamlessly.
- Coinbase Wallet - supports buying, selling, sending, requesting, and more.
- Coinbase Merchant - makes it easy to accept bitcoin at a retail location
- CoinCliff - Monitors price and fires alarms to wake you up, or notifications, as in text messages (Android)
- Coinomi - Coinomi is a very secure and lightweight, universal, open-source HD wallet for Bitcoin and many altcoins. (Android)
- Cortex7 - Multi exchange charting and trading application for Android.
- Easywallet.org - Web based wallet, works with QR Code scanner on Android devices
- Miner Status - monitoring miner status (Android)
- SMS Bitcoins - transactions by SMS
- TabTrader - monitoring and trading(Android)
Windows Phone 7
- Direct link to Windows Phone Marketplace Bitcoin apps: 
Windows Phone 8
- Bitcoin Can - Monitoring prices, account balances and mobile trading on multiple exchanges including Coinbase, BTC-E, CampBX, and MtGox. http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/bitcoin-can/57fcf4d6-497a-4663-8da3-93cb26c83b11
see also Bitcoin Payment Apps
Main page: Mining software
- BFGMiner - Modular ASIC/FPGA/GPU miner in C
- Bitcoin Miner by GroupFabric - Free easy-to-use DirectX GPU miner on the Windows Store
- CGMiner - ASIC/FPGA/GPU miner in C
- MacMiner - A native Mac OS X Bitcoin miner based on cgminer, bfgminer, cpuminer and poclbm
- Asteroid - Mac-specific GUI based on cgminer
- MultiMiner - GUI based on cgminer/bfgminer for Windows, OS X and Linux, allows switching between currencies based on profitability
Mining Pool Servers (backend)
Main page: Poolservers
- CoiniumServ - High performance C# Mono/.Net poolserver.
- ecoinpool - Erlang poolserver (not maintained)
- Eloipool - Fast Python3 poolserver
- Pushpoold - Old mining poolserver in C (not maintained)
- Poold - Old Python mining poolserver (not maintained)
- PoolServerJ - Java mining poolserver (not maintained)
- Remote miner - mining pool software
- ckpool - Open source pool/database/proxy/passthrough/library in c for Linux
- libbtc - A fast, clean and small bitcoin C library
- picocoin - Tiny bitcoin library, with lightweight client and utils
- libbase58 - C library implementation of Base58 and Base58Check encodings
- libblkmaker - C library implementation of getblocktemplate decentralized mining protocol
- Libbitcoin - Comprehensive set of C++ libraries: key formats, crypto, math, encodings, urls, mnemonics, blockchain, full node, client-server, etc. Linux and OSX Autotools builds. Visual Studio solutions for Windows, with Unicode support. Extensive test suite and continuous integration builds. Core dependencies limited to Boost and Libsecp256k1 with ZeroMQ required for client-server API.
C / C++
- Bitcoin Wallet API Library - Airbitz Core (ABC) C/C++ Library implements user authentication, account wallet creation, multi device synchronization and backup, transaction meta data management, Bitcoin address generation, key management, decentralized access to bitcoin network, shared wallets w/multisig (Q1 2015)
- bitcoinj - popular client library for Java, currently used in several desktop/mobile applications.
- BCCAPI (BitCoin Client API) - a java library designed for making secure light-weight bitcoin clients.
- BitcoinCrypto - a lightweight Bitcoin crypto library for Java/Android.
- BitcoinSPV - A native Bitcoin SPV client library for iOS with BIP32 support.
- Finance::MtGox - a Perl module which interfaces with the Mt. Gox API
PYBTC Python library for Bitcoin.
- Bitcoin Dissector - a wireshark dissector for the bitcoin protocol
- Bitcoin Explorer - an advanced command line tool for working with bitcoin
- Bitcointools - a set of Python tools accessing the transaction database and the wallet
- Blockchain2graph - a tool to import bitcoin blockchain into neo4j
Lists of software
- BitGit - list of Bitcoin-related opensource projects hosted at Git
- Original Bitcoin client/API calls list
- API reference (JSON-RPC)
- PHP Developer Introduction
- Phyramid Digital Agency offering software development and design services for Bitcoin businesses.
- Bitcoin Consultancy - an organization providing open source software and Bitcoin-related consulting
- Open Transactions - a financial crypto and digital cash software library, complementary to Bitcoin
- Moneychanger - Java-based GUI for Open Transactions
- BTCnames - a webbased aliasing service which allows to handle unlimited names for your BTC deposit hashes
- Bitcoin Mining Software - A helpful list of various Bitcoin software options
Webservices / APIs
- BlockTrail.com - Bitcoin API and platform for developers, complete with SDKs for PHP, Python, NodeJS and more
- BlockCypher - High reliability Bitcoin Web Services, including web hooks, double spend detection and many SDKs.
Bitcoin Trade Data
- Bitcoin Charts – Prices, volume, and extensive charting on virtually all Bitcoin markets.
- BitcoinChain - Bitcoin block explorer, exchange markets and mining pools.
- MtGox Live - An innovative chart showing a live feed of MtGox trades and market depth. (Must Use Chrome)
- BTCCharts - An innovative chart showing a live feed of multiple markets, currencies and timeframes.
- MY-BTC.INFO - A free profit/loss portfolio manager for Bitcoins and other digital currencies including many charts.
- BitcoinExchangeRate.org - Bitcoin and USD converter with convenient URL scheme and Auto-updating Portfolio Spreadsheet.
- Bitcoin Sentiment Index - A financial index that collects and disseminates sentiment data about bitcoin.
- Preev - Bitcoin converter with live exchange rates.
- Skami - Bitcoin Market Exchange comparison charts.
- BitcoinSentiment - Crowdvoting site offering means of voting and viewing voters sentiment towards bitcoin.
- TradingView – network where traders exchange ideas about Bitcoin using advanced free online charts
Web interfaces for merchants
- bitaps.com - Blockchian API, Wallet API, Payment forwarding API, Market API, TOR network endpoint and TOR callbacks.
- Apirone.com - Rest JSON API, callbacks, TOR network support, native SegWit transactions support.
- Simplest Web API for processing transactions with your own server. php code igniter, database and logging auth system included. Same as block chain.info api
- BitMerch - Embeddable HTML buttons, instant sign-up, instant payouts, automatic price adjustment for other currencies. No programming skills required to set up.
- Bitcoin Evolution - Non wallet-based Buy Now button to insert into websites (handles sales tracking; client must be used for actual transaction)
- BitPay - Buy Now buttons, Checkout posts/callbacks, Mobile Checkout, JSON API
- BTCMerch - Payment processor for bitcoins and other cryptocurrencies. 0.5% transaction fee. Sandbox is available.
- Coinbase - Provides bitcoin payment processing for Overstock.com, Reddit, Khan Academy, OkCupid, and more.
- PikaPay (info) The PikaPay service will be retiring as of March 1st, 2015