This is for discussion, not trolling. Note that this is not an encyclopedia, and does not have any "notability" requirements. If you don't want to use Tonal, don't. Trolling is not acceptable and will be deleted. Reasoned criticism is welcome in the "Criticism" section of the page.
I have no legitimate stake in the matter, I made a few edits that I hope remove POV and still embrace the idea of Tonal Bitcoin. This is Raize, I am sorry I am not familiar enough with wiki editing to provide my signature. --Raize
Proposal for deletion
I propose to delete this article on the following grounds.
- "Tonal bitcoin" is Bitcoin. Tonal Bitcoin only refers to the choice of the bitcoin user to employ a different representation of standard bitcoin balances. Instead of using decimal, the originator proposes using tonal units. If we follow this approach to the extreme, we could also use any base X system. It comes down to this: If you have a bitcoin balance of X in decimal notation, you can convert this to a balance Y in tonal units.
- There is almost no information about tonal bitcoin available on the web attesting to its insignificance. All information that is available seems to come from a single source. To make matters worse, the information that is available is extremely confusing and poorly written.
- No one, with the possible exception of one person, use "tonal bitcoin" units.
- Not one exchange or business uses Tonal bitcoin units (to my knowledge).
- 1) Exactly why it is on-topic to the wiki, and should not be deleted; 2) This wiki is just as relevant to the web as any random altcoin website, and this wiki explicitly permits and encourages original content and original research, unlike Wikipedia which is merely an encyclopedia; 3) I know multiple people who use TBC (though I won't do so publicly so they can be trolled) - and in any case, significance and/or notability is not a concern of this wiki (see the wiki about/policy page); 4) Again, irrelevant. --Luke-jr (talk) 16:10, 24 August 2014 (UTC)
I think this article should be deleted as this wiki is for Bitcoin, not altcoins. The creator of Tonal Bitcoins calls it "First (and best) altcoin ever: Tonal Bitcoin (TBC)" - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=218388.0 , and seeing as this wiki has no article on Litecoin or Dogecoin, this website should go as well. Nobody cares about this, and it's just useless clutter on pages like this or Units.
- This just seems petty and vindictive to me, and also needlessly drama inducing. This wiki exists to cover Bitcoin things, it's fine if it covers niche and obscure aspects of the Bitcoin ecosystem. That this wiki isn't free hosting and advertisement for your choice of competing currencies is no reason to justify deleting things on the wiki. --Gmaxwell (talk) 06:26, 1 March 2015 (UTC)