you have admin rights on the english wiki. that means you can move/delete pages when you deem it appropriate. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Nanotube (talk • contribs) at 02:41, 14 August 2014
Proposed article for deletion
Hi, I would like to propose deleting the article Tonal Bitcoin. I have added a justification here
Proposed block of user Luke-jr
Hi there, in addition to the above proposed article deletion, with further research and run ins with the "overseer" of that page, I kindly ask that you consider blocking the user account Luke-jr. I have never once asked such a thing before on any of the wiki's I edit, so I do not do so lightly.
- If you look at the editing history of Tonal Bitcoin, you will see that user Luke-Jr has reverted almost every single edit that has been made to this page. This has been done with no discussion on the talk page. This manner in which the edits are reverted are done so in a fanatical way, and this applies to several users that have attempted to contribute to this page, not just one.
- If you look at the history of the talk pages, you will see that several people have made sensible comments. Furthermore several people have previously made arguements for why this page should be deleted. However, Luke-jr has consistently removed these comments from the talk page, affectively stopping all further discussion, or ending in a revert-war. Though it is common to to have differences in the content of a wiki page, I have never seen a user in my life revert to removing comments and discussions posted on the talk page.
- With regard to the above point, I emphasize that Gavin Andresen himself (!) commented on the talk page, suggesting that this page be removed. Luke -Jr had the gaul to even remove this comment from such a member of high standing in the bitcoin community.
- If you look at this user's talk page, you will notice that he has consistently blanked his page after receiving comments about his edits on other pages.
- If you look at his editing history, you will see that he consistently makes edits that go against community consensus, all while giving little-to-no justification.
- Finally, as seen in the tonal bitcoin forum, he accuses all members that are not on his side (i.e., everyone in the tonal bitcoin case) to be trolling. At the very least, this is not very kind. At the worst, this behavior is itself trolling.
- It's really not my place to block Luke. While I agree that TBC doesn't belong on the list of alts, it does constitute an article of its own (even if it may need some rewording) and Luke is otherwise a contributing member of this wiki. I dislike that he blanks talk pages for being against his ideals, over the guise of being simply "trolling," however he is right that TBC is in no violation [any guidelines on the wiki] and his actions would not constitute a block on my behalf. Regardless, I appreciate you trying to improve this wiki. If Luke does get blocked, or TBC is deleted, it will not be my doing.
Rejected Taras (talk) 21:25, 22 August 2014 (UTC)
- PS - You may want to consult the forum for this. Taras (talk) 21:31, 22 August 2014 (UTC)
Ico template bug
Template:Ico appears outside of the content area on the MonoBook theme. If you have time, could you look into this? If not, I might try fixing it later, but I won't have time for a while. Thanks. theymos (talk) 20:00, 22 August 2014 (UTC)
- I will definitely be looking into this. Thank you for bringing it to my attention! Taras (talk) 21:25, 22 August 2014 (UTC)