Bitcoin Core Open Source Release Process
Releases to the Bitcoin Core client and project are built and released using this process:
- Labeled in github
- Binaries are created for the platforms affected (usually all, Windows, Mac and Linux).
- Binary file checksum(s) is(are) calculated and a message with those are signed by a core developer.
- sha256 checksum
- Files used to build are checksummed and submitted to the Gitian.sigs project on github.
- Uploaded for distribution and announced
See the release process for details.
Verifying The Download
See the verification instructions on the Bitcoin Core download page.
Or try the script in the Bitcoin Core repository.
- Bitcoin Core Release Process on Github
- Bitcoin Core project source on Github
- Gitain.sigs Trusted build process signatures on Github
- bitcoincore.org website with releases